Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Apologies all around!

Well, well, well!  Another week is in the books for the Greatest Family Fantasy Football League, and as always the nature of family is to apologize for embarassing one another and even hurting a relatives feelings... Here is a list of apologies from throughout the league...

1) Chad to Micky --
"Micky:  I am terribly sorry for handing you your third loss in three straight weeks after starting the season 3-0.  It was awful of me to lead you on all the way into Monday Night Football, and then watching my first round draft pick (Chris Johnson aka "Christ" Johnson, since he was my Savior) run up and down on the Jags to propel me to a convincing win against Hardy's Herd.  I hope you accept this apology from the bottom of my heart."  (Chad turns away and mumbles "YES my team is so much better than Heather's!!")
2) Mic to now GODSON, Ray, and LJ --
"Hey guys... I hope the decision of starting Deji Karim does not stick with you two for the rest of your lives.  Because that would be a lot of years of regret.  However, I do sincerely apologize for holding baby Ray, standing in front of the Lord, and accepting the commitment of leading you in the Christian faith... aaaand then beating you with a team full of average performers that put together a good team score!"  (Mic turns away and thinks to himself.. "Man I hope they are too young to remember this")
3) Andy to Plain Gma --
"Remember all of those times when you blew the whistle at family Christmas, and I would go deaf for 5 to 10 minutes before realizing what the HECK that noise was?  Yeah.. I DO NOT apologize for beating you this week..  Sorry I'm not sorry!"
4) Heather to Dog --
(Before Heather can get a word in) Dog says, "No need to apologize.. I know that my team is awful, and in past seasons I would just blame it on Sammy.. BUT this year I drafted my own BAD team"
5) Sammy to Colleen --
"Aunt Colleen, I'm really sorry for beating you even when I start Earnest Graham who scored 0 points.  I'm sorry for letting my defense and kicker both score 10, and I'm just sorry."  (Sammy turns around and gently fist pumps)  (Colleen walks away mumbling under her breath, "#&$$&!! %&*@$&!! F**in prick!")
6) Luke to Katie --
Luke says, "I'm really sorry that both of our teams did terrible this week and that yours was even worse than mine".. Katie replies, "Yeah I'm really sorry that I started all of those players that scored less than 5 points.  I didn't mean to make it look like I was giving up a win to you"
7) Willie to Liam --
"Liam, Liam, Liam... I'm just sorry that Katie had to drag you into this league!  However, I'm glad that she has someone who loves her SOO much that he is willing to lose just as many times as she has.  I apologize for giving you a inkling of hope that Marcedes Lewis miiiight give you a chance to makea  comback.. It won't happen again!  I miss the EskimoPies"
From the way that these apologies were put.. I think we could all learn something from Miss Brenda Lee who contacted me wanting to guest post a video blog... Take it away Brenda...

1 comment: