Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vegas 2.0

I was advised by my blogging mentor that my last post about Vegas was too short, and my rookie status to the blogosphere has geared me to write a longer yet more interesting version of the Vegas post from yesterday.

VEGASSSSSSSS!!
Today, around 4:40 p.m. the Matis Family will depart from the greatness we call the Southside of Indianapolis to the greatness we call Las Vegas.  As quoted from Michael Matis's Facebook status "Flamingo, Dealertainers, and hardways - I love vegas".  Attending family members include: Dog, Cathy, Willie, Aunt Janie, Plain Grandma, Joe Willie, Connie, Michael, Katie, Liam, and the birthday kid himself Andrew Matis.  Along with two of his buddies: Sam Weisenbach and Joe Esselborn,  we will hit the town about 5ish and the first stop, as planned by Jane Dog herself, Margaritaville so that we can "get our grub on, but not pig out" (thanks Ice Cube).
The thing about Vegas is that gambling is really fun, people watching is really fun, and all the buzz going on is really fun.  However, being able to go with 13 of your closest family and friends makes it all the more better.  And I so truly believe, that if we had less responsible people back here at home, then we would have a few more attendees to the party.  I am SO ready for the blackjack tables at Imperial Palace with Aretha (or so once called "urethra") Franklin, Toby Keith, and Janet Jackson.  I am SO ready for singing Motown at the Craps table.  I am SO ready for Cathy to force us to go to the "real" Ceasar's Palace to watch the show of the gods (but making sure to get a yard long drink before it starts).  I am SO ready to be loud and have people look around to figure out who is making all the ruckus.
Vegas is a great time, but the thing that makes it a great time is being with the people that you love the most.  A family tradition has started, 21st birthday in Vegas, and I do not see an end in the near future.  Everyone is already figuring out how old they will be when Micky will go to Vegas, and we are also determining that we will NOT be TOO old for when Sammy & Luke turn 21.  I hope that Vegas has stocked up on their payout of fun because the house NEVER wins when the Matis's come to town!!
[Photos soon to come!]

1 comment: